(With a hat tip to the Modern Mrs. Darcy blog for the “what’s saving my life right now” concept.)
I’m in the midst of my cardiovascular and respirology organ system block right now. I’m finding this approach to my key study resources to be most helpful:
My current self-study approach and routines
- Watch the Pathoma video for a given topic.
- Pause Pathoma videos as needed to review specific sub-concepts and sub-topics in Osmosis and/or SketchyMedical videos, then come back to the Pathoma video.
- Understand the clinical picture of the diseases by watching the relevant OnlineMedEd video(s).
- Make Quizlet cards as I go based on Pathoma and OnlineMedEd videos.
- Cement knowledge with MCQ questions from OnlineMedEd and Osmosis question banks.
- Keep reviewing Quizlet flashcards for previous topics when I move on to the next one, to try to keep content fresh.
Other things keeping me sane this month
- Listening to Emily P. Freedman’s The Next Right Thing Podcast while commuting. It’s the perfect blend of calm, spiritual inspiration, and practicality.
- London Fog Tea from Silk Road Tea. Cozy, sweet, and just enough caffeination to keep me sharp.
- A long weekend spent with family and friends (and also spent studying…).